Home

Rancher persistent storage NFS

With Rancher-NFS you can have persistent storage in your Docker containers without sacrificing high availability and best practices. Rancher-NFS is only a service managing the NFS shares and server. It will create the NFS paths if they don't exist, mount the paths into the docker containers, and remove them when the Docker container is also. This storage practice allows you to maintain application data, even if the application's pod fails. The documents in this section assume that you understand the Kubernetes concepts of persistent volumes, persistent volume claims, and storage classes. For more information, refer to the section on how storage works Using Rancher NFS with AWS EFS. After creating an EFS file system on AWS, you can launch the Rancher NFS driver to use this EFS file system. Since Amazon EFS is only reachable internally, only EC2 instances in the same availability zone can reach this EFS, therefore EC2 instances should be added to Rancher prior to creating the storage driver

Rancher provides different storage services that are capable of exposing volumes to containers. Setting up the Storage Service. When setting up an environment template, you can select what storage services you'd like to use in your environment.. Alternatively, if you already have an environment set up, you can select and launch a storage service from the catalog Rancher provides different storage services that are capable of exposing volumes to containers. Setting up the Storage Service. When setting up an environment template, you can select what storage services you'd like to use in your environment.environment template, you can select what storage services you'd like to use in your environment NFS Storage provider. We will provide a second storage class, which can be easily setup for demo's and if needed eventually fine tuned for long running persistence. We can deploy the NFS storage provisioner from the rancher library Rancher is an awesome container management platform and they offer a great 'quick start guide', if you really want to get up and running quickly. Unfortunately I found the persistent storage section a bit limited and I had some troubles figuring out how I could use my Synology NAS as a shared storage for my containers. In my setup I use Cattle, which is the default environment

Persistent storage in Docker containers using Rancher-NFS

1. Now that we have a cluster up and running and some persistent NFS storage it is time to deploy Rancher so I have a nice management interface for the cluster.Pre-requisites Certmanager. First off we need to add certmanager to our cluster, unless you are bringing your own certificates via files (not covered here)
  2. Fortunately, there are ways to implement persistent storage in a containerized environment. Although a container's own native storage is non-persistent, a container can be connected to storage that is external to the container. This allows for the storage of persistent data, since this external storage is not removed when a container is stopped
  3. Editor's note: On June 2, 2020, Rancher Labs announced the general availability of Longhorn, an enterprise-grade, cloud-native container storage solution.Longhorn directly answers the need for an enterprise-grade, vendor-neutral persistent storage solution that supports the easy development of stateful applications within Kubernetes
  4. Local Path Provisioner. Overview. Local Path Provisioner provides a way for the Kubernetes users to utilize the local storage in each node. Based on the user configuration, the Local Path Provisioner will create hostPath based persistent volume on the node automatically. It utilizes the features introduced by Kubernetes Local Persistent Volume feature, but make it a simpler solution than the.

Also in Rancher the Storage Class is visible. Deploy an app with persistent file storage. For this task I will be deploying Ghost (a light weight web portal) utlilizing RWX (Read Write Many) file-based persistent storage over NFS in three steps: Create a Persistent Volume Claim (PVC) for blog conten Persistent Storage Using NFS provides an explanation of persistent volumes (PVs), persistent volume claims (PVCs), and using NFS as persistent storage. This topic shows and end-to-end example of using an existing NFS cluster and OpenShift Enterprise persistent store, and assumes an existing NFS server and exports exist in your OpenShift.

Rancher Docs: Kubernetes Persistent Storage: Volumes and

Using Rancher NF

For this purpose, I need a persistent volume with ReadWriteMany mode which is not supported by any built-in type. Possibilities. There are many great solutions for this problem. Many cloud providers also provide additional persistent storage, but this storage comes with additional costs. Longhorn is a solution from Rancher. Its latest. In this video, I will show you how you can dynamically provision NFS persistent volumes in your Kubernetes cluster. Once provisioned, persistent volumes will..

Unleashing a Docker Swarm orchestrator is a great (and relatively easy) way to deploy a container cluster. Yes, you could go with Kubernetes for more management features, but when you need the bare bones of a simple container cluster, Docker Swarm is a pretty good way to go. The one thing you might find yourself needing is persistent storage for your cluster Pure Service Orchestrator and Rancher: A Story of Two Halves. Simplify Kubernetes implementation and single pane of management for hybrid-cloud environments with Rancher and on-demand persistent storage for stateful applications using Pure Service Orchestrator natively from Rancher Today, I had a few people ping me about someone who was frustrated configuring a K3s cluster to enable NFS storage provisioner. Out of the box, K3s ships with the local path storage provisioner, which uses storage local to the node. If you want storage that can be shared across multiple nodes if you are running them, you will need to use a different solution which the NFS storage provisioner. I have managed to make it work. In my case it was nothing but a faulty NFS server. Now I have a NFS storage class and I can provision volumes on demand. As a note I have stopped using Rancher for my job because of the excessive and totally overkill hw requirements and the cost of the support totally out of range for the pockets of my company

If you haven't heard of it yet, the Convoy project by Rancher is aimed at making persistent volume storage easy. Convoy is a very appealing volume plugin because it offers a variety of different options. For example, there is EBS volume and S3 support, along with VFS/NFS support, giving users some great and flexible options for provisioning. I have a NFS persistent storage that was once assigned to a work flow. I have remove it from the workflow and re deploy it without the volume. Now when I try to remove the persistent storage I can't and this message in the logs: I0506 18.. Persistent storage class in Kubernetes backed by Synology NFS Now that we have a cluster up and running ( see part 1 ) I wanted to add a storage class for workloads to dynamically request and provision storage as required

Persistent Storage Service in Ranche

The ability to allow organizations to deploy Longhorn on existing NFS iSCSI and Fibre Channel storage arrays and on cloud storage systems such as Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS). By offering Longhorn as an integrated feature of Rancher, we simplify the steps users have to take to deploy stateful workload on Kubernetes clusters, Liang says Join Rancher Labs for our September online meetup for a demo, lecture, and Q&A on Building a Data Storage Solution with Kubernetes and Rancher 2.0. All registrants will get their questions answered and a recording of the demo by co-founders Shannon Williams, and Rancher engineers Jason Van Brackel and Sheng Yang

Persistence for stateful workloads - Rancher Lab

Rancher Labs CEO Sheng Liang says the company is now providing commercial support for Longhorn to its customers that employ the distribution of Kubernetes curated by Rancher Labs. Longhorn is designed to make it possible to add persistent storage via a single click to a Kubernetes cluster. In addition, it provides snapshot and backup and. NFS ボリュームマウントを作るのに必要なもの 12 Rancher + Minikube + NFS Ubuntu Docker VirtualBox NFS Ubuntu Minikube Rancher Persistent Volume vboxnet0NAT Network Storage Class CSI RBAC この1つが 必要! Provisioner Pod Persistent Volume Claim 14 My problem was down to k3s on the pi only shipping with a local-path storage provider. I finally found a tutorial that installed an nfs client storage provider, and now my cluster works! This was the tutorial I found the information in

The helm chart needs a Persistent Volume for use with the FileSystem option. The chart requires that the persistent volume is already available before the chart is deployed. The users need to ensure that the appropriate cloud credentials are available for use in your K8S cluster. For the purpose of this example we will use the NFS storage. Greenfield Rancher install Pre-Rancher Steps Kubernetes Persistent Storage. Head to your synology/freenas and setup a new NFS share just for your kubernetes persistent storage. Make sure to turn off authentication. Networking - Create a vlan just for your VM Kubernetes NFS Persistent Volumes - multiple claims on same volume? Claim stuck in pending? Ask Question Asked 4 years, If NFS is the only storage you have available and would like multiple PV/PVC on one nfs export, use Dynamic Provisioning and a default storage class 5. Rancher Longhorn. Longhorn is a 100% open-source project and a platform providing persistent storage implementation for any Kubernetes cluster. At its core, Longhorn is a distributed block storage system for Kubernetes using containers and microservices The fix is to modify the storage from outside the container. That depends on the persistent storage provider. If it's NFS, mount by NFS from another machine. If it's an S3 bucket, edit it directly etc. k3s has a local persistent storage driver called local-path. But where are those files so I can replace one of them

NFS file shares can only be created in storage accounts that were created after registering for the NFS feature. Regional availability. Azure NFS file shares is supported in all the same regions that support premium file storage. For the most up-to-date list, see the Premium Files Storage entry on the Azure Products available by region page when combines with rancher, it makes the deployment of highly available persistent block storage. Longhorn gives your teams a reliable, simple and easy-to-operate storage solution. Deployed with a single click from the Rancher application catalog, it provides a you with the ability to secure, provision and back up your storage across any. MongoDB provides its own linear scalability which also limits the need for external scale-out storage. NFS Storageclass. NFS shared storage is, of course, the ideal choice for SUSE Rancher Pods that need to share file storage without the pain, configuration complexity, and data-copy sprawl of replication A shared persistent volume is an NFS interface that allows pods to actively share file data, both locally and globally. also contains a README that lists prerequisites and detailed descriptions of the three different ways you can provision storage for a Rancher cluster. Block Storageclass Pods use Persistent Volume Claims (PVC) to request the platform for physical storage. You must create a PersistentVolumeClaim requesting a volume of at least three gibibytes to provide read-write access. Here, we have used NFS-client for storage. For configuring NFS-client storage, you need to modify the values.yaml for the following components

Rancher and Rancher Nfs Simple How To Breek Een Bee

Sheng Liang, CEO at Rancher Labs, said, Sheng Liang, CEO, Rancher Labs As enterprises deploy more production applications in containers, the need for persistent container storage continues to grow rapidly. Longhorn fills the need for a 100% open source and easy-to-deploy enterprise-grade Kubernetes storage solution Longhorn's built-in incremental snapshot and backup features keep the volume data safe in or out of the Kubernetes cluster. Scheduled backups of persistent storage volumes in Kubernetes clusters is simplified with Longhorn's intuitive, free management UI Coming to storage support and integration, Openshift and Rancher are compatible with a variety of persistent storage endpoints such as NFS, GlusterFS, OpenStack, VMware vSphere, and supports integration with the network-based storage using the Kubernetes persistent volume framework Rancher Labs, creator of a Kubernetes management platform, has announced the general availability of Longhorn, an enterprise-grade, cloud-native container storage solution. According to Rancher, Longhorn directly answers the need for an enterprise-grade, vendor-neutral persistent storage solution that supports the easy development of stateful applications within Kubernetes Docker Swarm persistent volume storage; Ceph, Gluster, NFS, what is the best way? Discussion. So I've been labbing out k8s for a while now, spending a lot of time with RancherOS+Rancher. The one thing that I've yet to fully figure out is the best way to host storage for persistent volumes. This is what I used to get nfs working in Rancher.

Rancher Labs Doubles Down on Kubernetes Storage with

1. Ask any questions in our Docker Group on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/370907559932482/Code examples:https://www.vip-consult.solutions/post/persist..
  2. Open source software provider Rancher Labs, enabling organizations to deploy and manage Kubernetes at scale, has announced the general availability of Longhorn, an enterprise-grade, cloud-native container storage solution. As enterprises deploy more production applications in containers, the need for persistent container storage continues to grow rapidly, said Sheng Liang, CEO of.
  3. What is an Environment? Rancher supports grouping resources into multiple environments. Each environment starts with a set of infrastructure services defined by the environment template used to create the environment. Each environment has its own set of resources, and is owned by one or more users or groups
  4. The setup was deployed with RKE v1.1.3. Similar to my setup with Rancher 1, I've used persistent storage on my FreeNAS file server (same network, different box). My FreeNAS is also freshly upgraded to v11.3-U3.2. Permissions. By far the greatest issue I've had is setting up the persistent storage for the entire stack
  5. Architecture. This section focuses on the Rancher server, its components, and how Rancher communicates with downstream Kubernetes clusters. For information on the different ways that Rancher can be installed, refer to the overview of installation options. For a list of main features of the Rancher API server, refer to the overview section

So, Portainer, NFS, and persistent storage for the containers. This is all specific to my configuration, but it should work anywhere. (I think.) Go create a user for the docker containers on FreeNAS. Use This document describes the concept of a StorageClass in Kubernetes. Familiarity with volumes and persistent volumes is suggested. Introduction A StorageClass provides a way for administrators to describe the classes of storage they offer. Different classes might map to quality-of-service levels, or to backup policies, or to arbitrary policies determined by the cluster administrators This will be a very simple write-up to setup RancherOS with networking/ mounting of NFS storage and installing the rancher-server container + agent. Setting up the VM using iohyve: * open a ssh connection to your FreeNAS and acquire sudo permissions with sudo su * setting up the iohyve enviroment in FreeNAS 11 RC4 iohyve setup pool=ssd kmod=1 net=igb0 ssd refers to the zpool and igb0 to the. The default subnet (10.42../16) used by Rancher is already used in my network and prohibiting the managed network.How do I change the subnet? The default subnet used for Rancher's overlay networking is 10.42../16.If your network is already using this subnet, you will need to change the default subnet used in Rancher's networking Now, RancherOS is meant to pair with Rancher, their own GUI for docker. However when I tried it, it was rather overkill for what I was wanting. So I had heard of Portainer and decided to give that a try. Portainer and NFS Storage So, Portainer, NFS, and persistent storage for the containers

Persistence for stateful workloads – Rancher Labs

Volumes in Ranche

Host Mapped Volume, backed by Shared Storage. We can crank it a notch up and use a folder that is backed by shared storage. Think about NFS, Gluster, whatever for this. The main advantage here is that you will not suffer any data loss in case of a host level failure. Convoy Volume Plugin. Mapping to host level still feels a bit static volume provisioning in both the dynamic (persistent volume claim) and static (persistent volume) forms with its own storage class. It also supports ReadOnlyOnce, ReadOnlyMany, ReadWriteOnce, and ReadWriteMany access modes. WekaFS provides multi-protocol access to containerized applications with POSIX, NFS, SMB and S3 Registries. With Rancher, you can add credentials to access private registries from DockerHub, Quay.io, or any address that you have a private registry. By having the ability to access your private registries, it enables Rancher to use your private images. In each environment, you can only use one credential per registry address This will cause downtime for the Rancher Server UI/API, as all rancher/server containers will need to be shutdown. Note: The commands are based on a database having latin1 as character set, if your database shows a different character set, replace latin1 with that value

Access Control is how Rancher limits the users who have the access permissions to your Rancher instance. By default, Access Control is not configured. This means anyone who has the IP address of your Rancher instance will be able to use it and access the API. Your Rancher instance is open to the public During the meetup Darren Shepherd demonstrated: • Deploying Rancher using RDS, ELB and Route53 • Deploy capacity in AWS with Docker Machine • Deploying persistent applications using NFS storage • Using autoscaling groups with Rancher • Leveraging ELB and Route53 for load balancing. • Dynamically utilizing spot instances to reduce cost

Kubernetes Persistent Storage Support in Ranche

1. Dynamic NFS Provisioning in Kubernetes. Step 1) Installing the NFS Server. Step 2) Deploying Service Account and Role Bindings. Step 3) Deploying Storage Class. Step 4) Deploying NFS Provisioner. Step 5) Creating Persistent Volume and Persistent Volume Claims. Step 6) Creating a Pod to use Persistent Volume Claims
  2. grub> linux /boot/vm<TAB> ro rancher.password=rancher: grub> initrd /boot/initrd<TAB> grub> boot: It's alive! Login with the username and password rancher/rancher. Run the below command to edit cloud-config.yml so we can put your SSH key in. Oh yeah, generate a ssh keypair to use for access. On windows I used puTTY to generate my keypair
  3. The first is the persistent storage, so that I can use the provisioner I set up. 50GB is generous here, but I'm not using my storage otherwise. Note the nfs-client storage class, which was created by the NFS external provisioner installation
  4. antly FreeNAS / TrueNAS and ZoL on Ubuntu.. The current drivers implement the depth and breadth of the csi spec, so you have access to.

Deploying Rancher to manage a Kubernetes cluste

Today we see increasing demand for transactional workload such as ERP based on S/4HANA using SAP HANA scale-out systems. Accordingly now also multi-target system replication comes into focus of our customers. Since 2016 SUSE offers SAPHanaSR an high availability solution for SAP HANA scale-out systems. SAP HANA scale-out systems typically covered analytical workloads only (BW [ # Create Persistent Volume (PV) - For /scatch apiVersion: v1 kind: PersistentVolume metadata: name: oke-fsspv-awx-scratch spec: storageClassName: oci-fss capacity: storage: 100Gi accessModes: - ReadWriteMany mountOptions: - nosuid nfs: server: 10.50.132.5 #DNS names cant be used atm since pods are not able to resolve the dns path: /inf_lower. Low-power processor such as Pi4B BCM2711, 1. 00 GHz. I will present you a relative simple and powerfull method with the nfs-client-provisioner. I was first using K3s but then I discovered Kind which seems to be even faster, deployment wise. K3s is a minimalist Kubernetes distribution from Rancher often related to Edge and IoT use cases

Back to the topic: Rancher 2.0 comes with a cluster-wide storage solution. A lot of storage drivers (volume plugins) are ready to be used, including the NFS Share. And here's how you do it. Add the NFS share as persistent volume on the Kubernetes cluste Summary: Deploy a kubernetes cluster using docker as the container engine and FreeNas for the persistent storage service. Deploy heimdall workload and keep all your important links in one place. Enjoy! Deploy Ubuntu Server as Host; Deploy FreeNas Server ( skip if you don't want to use NFS) Install Rancher on Ubunt Creating a simple shared persistent storage for micro-services in Kubernetes (otherwise you may have to use nfs). So here is the special part of yaml file. containers Rancher (which is good for on-premise Kubernetes environment). Above volume mounting can be done very easily using the rancher user interface as per below. Adding a volume. I was trying to setup Jenkins in Rancher server using NFS (Shared storage) I ran into many issues and finally solved it. Thought will share the steps so that others will benefit. 1) Before getting started with, make sure you have hosts setup in Rancher Environment. 2) Next follow this steps on this link: Rancher-Nfs Prerequiist

Video: Docker Container Storage Docker Backu

NFS and Kubernetes (Rancher) I am currently playing around with kubernetes on RancherOS with Rancher 2. I would like my containers to connect to an NFS share which already has data on it. I looked at the documents on their website, and Persistent Storage is the only one that has NFS as an option. When I went to create it, it has a size option. Once your NFS Server is up and running, create the directory where we will store the data for our deployment: # my nfs base directory is /data/nfs-storage $ mkdir -p /data/nfs-storage/test Kubernetes Persistent Volumes. First to create our kubernetes persistent volume and persistent volume claim. Below is the yaml for test-pv.yml Now to set up Persistent Storage in Rancher using Cluster..Storage..Persistent volumes and Add Volume: Name - qnapnfstest; Volume Plugin - NFS share ; Capacity - 50GiB (not sure what effect this has, I guess to enforce a quota) Path - /Container/test; Server - 192.168.xx.xx; Read Only - No; Access Modes - Many Nodes Read Writ

Longhorn and Cloud Deployment Models - support

1. Persistent storage emerging as a key pillar of the company's Kubernetes Management Platform. CUPERTINO, Calif.-(BUSINESS WIRE)-#Containers—Rancher Labs, creators of the most widely used Kubernetes management platform, today announced the general availability (GA) of Longhorn, an enterprise-grade, cloud-native container storage solution.. Longhorn directly answers the need for an.
  2. In this article, we are going to set up a NFS dynamic persistent provisioning with a ReadWriteMany access:. Mount: enable the container to access an external storage; Persistent: this external storage is still accessible after container shutdown; Dynamic: the external storage's creation and life cycle are not managed by the user; NFS: The external storage will be exposed via the Network File.
  3. I'm am trying with both vSphere, and Digital Ocean and I am using the rancher interface to Add Host. I believe I have declared the volumes in the docker-compose.yml correctly. (I have storage wo..
  4. VSAN Storage Capability Parameters (cacheReservation, diskStripes, forceProvisioning, hostFailuresToTolerate, iopsLimit and objectSpaceReservation) are supported by vSphere provisioner for vSAN storage. The persistent volume created with these parameters will have these vSAN storage capabilities configured with it
  5. SUSE Rancher and Longhorn are the perfect solutions for your Kubernetes storage difficulties. Essentially, this Kubernetes management platform creates a backup of a backup, shielding your business from data loss. As a bonus, the UI system is straightforward to learn, and you can control the schedule of persistent storage backups
  6. In this tutorial we will experiment with Docker Swarm Persistent Storage, backed by NFS using ContainX's Netshare Service. Get the dependencies: If you have not provisioned a swarm using docker, have a look at setup a 3 node docker swarm post.. In order to mount NFS drives we need to install the following: $ apt install nfs-common -

Persistent storage using NFS Persistent storage using Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage Instead, a cluster administrator would provision a network resource, such as a GCE Persistent Disk volume, an NFS share, or an Amazon EBS volume. Network resources support the use of StorageClasses to set up dynamic provisioning By going to the vSphere client, selecting the datastore with the tag being used by the VM Storage Policy configured in the Storage Class, you should see two vmdk disk files which represent the persistent volumes created for WordPress. Back in the Rancher GUI, select the Load Balancing tab. Click the WordPress xip.io link. Et voila

To Deploy Postgres HA on Rancher, you must first install rancher with running kubernetes etcd, controlpane and worker. Select Persistent Storage from top menu. You must have two PV (Persistent to show you how to do. You should use appropriate method for your scenario. For me, I used NFS Share for my staging environment. You can learn. This document describes ephemeral volumes in Kubernetes. Familiarity with volumes is suggested, in particular PersistentVolumeClaim and PersistentVolume. Some application need additional storage but don't care whether that data is stored persistently across restarts. For example, caching services are often limited by memory size and can move infrequently used data into storage that is slower.

ck :: Create a persistent data volume from NFS share forStateful Containers on vSphere with the Orchestrator of

GitHub - rancher/local-path-provisioner: Dynamically

1. Create storage class for EFS via efs-provisioner (only the first time): efs-provisioner runs as a container that plays the role of EFS broker. It allows other pods to mount EFS as the persistent volumes. Just be aware that EFS is built on top of NFS4, so you need to have nfs-common packages installed in your Kubernetes nodes
  2. Persistent storage allows you to store application data external from the pod running your application. Secondary data backup storage (for example, NFS or S3) Cross-cluster disaster recovery volumes and storage classes. For more information, refer to How Persistent Storage Works in the Rancher documentation. The workflow for setting up.
  3. I run my nodes on a Proxmox based hypervisor and have FreeNAS based storage providing NFS and iSCSI. I'm not going to cover the installation of Rancher, Proxmox or FreeNAS but just focus on basic configuration of RancherOS. RancherOS itself is able to accept configure information using a cloud-config file
  4. Rancher is a GUI management software for kubernetes, Kubernetes will also need a way to dynamically provision storage from the Ceph cluster for persistent storage for containers. This is done with Cephfs. Only filesystem based storage can be used in RWX mode (cephfs, NFS, Glusterfs, etc. Note the FS at the end of each)

Storage in Kubernetes Longhorn is a cloud-native, lightweight yet powerful distributed storage platform for Kubernetes that can run anywhere. When combined with Rancher, Longhorn makes the deployment of highly available persistent block storage in your Kubernetes environment easy, fast and reliable. Longhorn and Rancher √ 1-click deployment fro Change into nfs provisioner installation dir. cd k8s-code/storage Deploy nfs-client provisioner. kubectl apply -f nfs This will create all the objects required to setup a nfs provisioner. At this time, you should also see storageclass created for nfs on your monitoring screen. It would be launched with Statefulsets • Deploying persistent applications using NFS storage • Using autoscaling groups with Rancher • Leveraging ELB and Route53 for load balancing. Today's Application Stack 15 Rancher-LB Lychee Sessions NFS Images Metadata lychee.itsgoingto.spaceHostIP Service Routing SSL Terminatio 1 Answer1. Active Oldest Votes. 1. You need to configure storage ( look at NFS/hostpath/local persistent volume ) Create persistent volume that should fulfill PVC requirements. alternatively, use emptyDir volume to run the pods. The pods are going to be ephemeral and the data is lost if the pod is deleted. Share Bruno Cabral. Follow. May 3, 2020 · 12 min read. State of Persistent Storage in K8s — A Benchmark. T his is an unscientific review of storage solutions for Kubernetes. This solves a problem where you need to provision a Persistent Volume using the nodes disk storage, while having a redundancy if a node is damaged or restarted

CloudOps - Rancher 2k8s资源之pv&pvc&sc - 灰信网(软件开发博客聚合)

Use volumes docker doentation nas share to a docker host ddev wsl2 getting started cur events in container storage hundreds of vulnerable docker hosts. How To Use Nfs With Docker Local Volume Driver In Portainer Io Auckland Singapore San Francisco. Ck Creating A Persistent Volume In Rancher 2 0 From Nfs Share In Rancher 2, the persistent NFS volume where the rendered HTML is stored from the CronJob is mounted into the httpd container. CNAME record request ¶ We then filed a request to the CNAME record authority for the nersc.gov domain to change the existing CNAME record for https://docs-dev.nersc.gov from the old URL running in Rancher 1 to the new. Select your cluster, storage and then click Add Volume: Create a Persistent Volume. The path will be the root of your share. If you enter /, the mount will will have a nfs folder. You can specify /nfs and the mount will start on it. In this case the NFS server is at 172.30..209